Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Future Readings

We still have one more chapter in The Christmas Carol after this week, but I would like us to choose a new book so that we will all have time to locate the novel. I have been debating on how to do this, but I think we will do a "first come, first serve" system and see how that works. If you have an idea of a book for us to read together, please post it under this comment. For now, please just list one book so that everyone will have an opportunity to list a book that they are interested in. We will go down the list and read the books together. Again, if there is a book that you are not interested in, you can wait until the next novel, but I encourage you to try all of the readings. You may be pleasantly surprised. Happy reading!

2 comments:

  1. I see that no one has posted anything yet so I'll be brave! I'm quite often a fantasy reader myself. I just recieved some books for Christmas that I'm eager to read so I'll make the suggestion.

    Fablehaven by Brandon Mull

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just realize I should put what it's about. I'll tell you what's on the back of it.

    "For centuries mystical creatures were gathered into a hidden refuge called Fablehaven to prevent their extinction. The sanctuary is one of the last strongholds of true magic. Enchanting? Absolutely. Exciting? You bet. Safe? Well, actually, quite the opposite...
    Kendra and her brother, Seth, have no idea that their grandfather is the current caretaker of Fablehaven. Inside the gated woods, ancient laws keep order among greedy trolls, mischievous satyrs, plotting witches, spiteful imps, and jealous fairies. However, when the rules get broken, powerful forces of evil are unleashed, and Kendra and her brother must face the greatest challenge of their lives to save their family, Fablehaven, and perhaps even the world."

    ReplyDelete